The Knowledge Mobilization Unit is excited to announce an upcoming graduate student internship competition as part of the ‘Knowledge Mobilization for Climate Change’ Project.
The goal of this project is to make York climate change research and expertise more accessible to policymakers, so that academic research can inform municipal level climate change decisions. The project is engaging the municipalities of Toronto, the Regions of York, Peel, and Durham, as well as the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and the Association for Canadian Educational Resources (The Gateway Project). This project is generously funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
Here are some details about the placements:
- York University graduate students (Masters and PhD) will be eligible for these internships
- The internships will take place in Summer 2011 (May-August)
- There will be a total of 5 internship placements, each valued at $10,000 (before deductions)
- There will be 1 placement each with the Environment and Policy offices of:
– The City of Toronto (toronto.ca)
– The Region of Durham (durham.ca)
– York Region (york.ca)
– Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (trca.on.ca)
– The Gateway Project
Please stay tuned for the formal launch of the competition with full details, scheduled for January 2011. The competition will be posted on: researchimpact.ca. For more information, please contact Andrei Sedoff, Knowledge Mobilization Officer, at email@example.com or at 416-736-2100 Ext 44310.